April 22, 2011

Canadian TV

I was feeling lazy and hungry earlier, so I decided to order some Swiss Chalet. For those that don't know, Swiss Chalet is a Canadian restaurant chain that specializes in chicken and rib dishes. Typically I order a sandwich or chicken breast with a baked potato or fries. It really is good! Ok so I'm ordering and I get to the final check out page to see this advertisement:


Swiss Chalet has a 24/7 TV channel. Um. Ok.


According to CBC NEWS:
For those of you tired of TV shows interrupting your commercials, Swiss Chalet has the answer: a 24-hour chicken channel.
Starting Monday, the Canadian family restaurant fires up a constant televised loop of 12 roasters turning on a spit to promote the chain.
The 13-week broadcast will be available to Rogers digital customers in Ontario on channel 208 and is part of a broad marketing campaign.
A Rogers spokeswoman says the channel is akin to its fireplace, sunset and aquarium channels.
Those channels feature hypnotic images of a crackling fire, a beach at dusk and fish swimming in an aquarium.
The Rotisserie Channel will feature two rows of chickens roasting in an open-flame oven.

Ok, I realize some Canadian TV can be a little weird at times. (ie Polka Dot Door) But a roasting chicken channel? Seriously? I really do not want to be lulled to sleep by watching cooking bird flesh. I'm sorry but you cannot compare that to a sunset.

And I thought The Beachcombers was bad. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment